Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interpolation

StephenMack
10 - Fireball

I have a dataset with lat/lon information. My problem is that I have multiple duplicate entries and would like to interpolate between them.

For instance say I have 1000 unique GPS points, but 10,000 recorded data points (associated with other unique information that updated faster than GPS when collecting).

It's not always a fixed amount of points between unique GPS points so it has to be somewhat of a dynamic solution. I can probably write a C# or python script to handle it and run it externally from the run command, but that's a pretty ugly solution, is there a way to handle it within alteryx?

I was thinking multi-line formula, but the fact that there are different numbers of duplicates in a row is throwing me off.

12 REPLIES 12
jbh1128d1
10 - Fireball

I'm getting zero's for some reason.  I'll keep plugging.  Thank you for helping. 

MAAbdullahAlMubarah
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @NicoleJohnson  for your valuable post, now if we have the opposite case, let's say there is (GPS OFF) and back again on, how can we find the missing coordinates e.g.: (missing n points) and display it again on the map from the data when the GPS off? 
I don't have data but if possible can you simulate it from the original data available in this post?

StephenMack
10 - Fireball

So you lat/lon would have gaps in it? That's essentially what my data set looked like but instead of dropping in NULLs the software I was using simply used the last good GPS point.

So if you use a multi-line tool and say something like

if isNull([this lat]) then [this lat: -1] else [this lat] endif

so you would fill in the gaps with the last known good GPS point. From there the above solution should work for you.

Labels