Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

International Drive-Time

dtokarz312
8 - Asteroid

Is it possible to calculate a drive-time from locations within the US to locations in Canada. For example,  Chicago to Toronto? I have TomTom and Atlas. I know I could use the Google Drive-Time API to solve this but was wondering if it is possible without pinging an API. 

Thanks in advance, 

Derek 

1 REPLY 1
TravisR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @dtokarz312

I'm assuming you have both the US and Canada spatial/data packages. It's not a supported function - but it's not technically impossible.

I'd encourage you to look at this workflow on the gallery: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Drive-Time-trade-areas-that-cross-the-US-Canadian-boarder/52c1abdc...

It's meant for handling drivetime trade areas that cross the border - but I believe it could be modified to return Point A to Point B drivetimes. Basically you'd be calculating American/Canadian city to border crossing point, then border crossing point to Canadian/American city, then adding those two drivetime figures together.

That said, using a 3rd party API is probably easier to accomplish this specific task.

Labels