Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Internal Error: Unknown InitVar "JupyterTempPath"

Marcin_Solarz
5 - Atom

Hi,

I'm trying to create workflow that will run periodically in the gallery, check for starting conditions and trigger further processing only when certain starting criteria are met.

To achieve this goal I split the logic into two separate workflows:

- Run_Python.yxmd to check starting conditions

- Python.yxmd process the data

Run_Python.yxmd is using "Conditionall Runner" CReW macro to start processing only when starting criteria are met.

The problem is that when running Python.yxmd in CReW macro, python component fails to start due to: 

Internal Error: Unknown InitVar "JupyterTempPath"

Actual logic is very complex and can't be shared online.

Attached simplified workflows to demonstrate the issue.

Run_Python.PNG

Run_Python.yxmd Log parser output:

ModuleToolIdMessageTypeMessage
[Null][Null]MessageNull]
Python[Null]MessageAlteryx Version: 2020.1.2.24185
Python[Null]MessageStarted running .\Python.yxmd
Python1ErrorInternal Error: Unknown InitVar "JupyterTempPath"
Python3MessageMessage 1 record was output
Python[Null]MessageMessage Finished in 1.6 seconds with 1 error

Please advice on how to fix this issue,

or how to conditionally start / stop workflows.

13 REPLIES 13
Madzac
5 - Atom

Hi Marcin,

Has this issue been solved? I have a similar issue on my workflows.

All the best,

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Also having this problem....

YEM
8 - Asteroid

Also having this problem.

Macro1 contains the python tool.

Workflow1 calls macro1, it works fine.

Put workflow1 in a runner, I get this error.

Birty
5 - Atom

I raised this as an issue with Alteryx support - its a known defect in the later releases of Alteryx.

"This error is a known defect with the newer version of Designer while using the runner macros and calling a work flow that has a python tool in it. I have attached your case to the defect so once it has been worked out and fix you should get an automated email. However, I am not able to give you a timeframe of when that might happen since the development team is still working on road mapping it."

It worked fine with the 2019 releases - so broke sometime in 2020. I'm going to have to uninstall and re-install multiple versions of Alteryx to find the latest in which it worked, as I need some of the new functionality that emerged in the 2020 releases ...

harshal98
8 - Asteroid

Is this Issue Resolved by Alteryx Team?

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora
YEM
8 - Asteroid

@harshal98 wrote:

Is this Issue Resolved by Alteryx Team?

No.  I have the latest version and it still fails when combining python with Crew Runners.

andyjohnstone2
7 - Meteor

Hi Marcin / all 

Wonder if this issue has been further understood.  Have tried multiple different Alteryx versions from the latest back down to 2019 with no success.  

Any approaches worth trying would be very appreciated.

Best, Andy

matt43582
5 - Atom

I've run into this problem, too, and haven't tried this approach yet but I think it should work... what if you "wrapped" the python-using module in a workflow that just called the python-containing workflow using a batch command (~/<<alteryx engine executable>> <<your workflow>>) so that the CReW tool was indirectly calling your python workflow?

Sorry for the rough outline, but busy day and I can't guarantee I'll be able to find my way back to this thread.  Going to try it, though.

Labels