Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Internal Error: Invalid parameter detected in function (null). Fil

Anne-Lise
7 - Meteor

I frequently have this error when using ODBC connection, while my query is working fine outside Alteryx. It seems to be related to the size of the results, because if I had a criteria, or modify a criteria to get a more restrictive result, it works.

What is the solution??? My query should only return 138.710 lines, from an Oracle database, which is not a big dataset at all!

4 REPLIES 4
Anne-Lise
7 - Meteor

By using a direct Oracle connection, it seems to work...

michael_anthony
6 - Meteoroid

Enclosing CASE WHEN statement in parenthesis solved this problem for me.

I haven't looked at your code, but often subtle formatting that works without issue outside alteryx raises issues once placed in the alteryx input tool sql editor. For example, a version of the script below only works when the case statement is enclosed.

SELECT * 
    (CASE
            WHEN status IS NULL THEN segment
            ELSE detail.segment
        END) status,
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I got the same error with a Snowflake connection. I just used the CAST function to convert date fields into strings and that worked for me.

byagelski
8 - Asteroid

in case it's helpful for anyone else with an Oracle DB pull, I ended up using TO_CHAR([datetimefieldname],'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS') to get around this error by converting to string.

Labels