Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Intermittent Bug - Formula tool won't allow me to edit since upgrading to 11.3

gtaramasso
7 - Meteor

Has anyone else had a problem with the Formula tool in v11.3?  I am on v11.3.2.29874

Intermittently, the tool is unresponsive -- no error messages, no sounds -- but it won't allow me to:

1) add a new formula

2) navigate to any other formula other than the first one

3) change the order of the formulas in the tool

Sometimes saving, closing and re-opening the workflow will "fix" it, but not always.

haaaalp. thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @gtaramasso,

This sounds like a case for the Alteryx Support team!

Please shoot us an email at support@alteryx.com and we will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
gtaramasso
7 - Meteor

Update: I noticed that the tool was only giving me problems when my machine was *not* docked.  And I have a touch screen............so I tried using the touch screen to select the various parts of the formula tool that I needed to edit, and, low and behold, it worked.  Good enough for me.

amilkar0417
6 - Meteoroid

I'm having the same problem. I'm using version 2018.2.5.48994 and now I cannot edit the tool no matter how many times I restart the application. It used to happen mainly when I was using two monitors and for some weird reason it would not work on one of the screens. I would just move the window to the other screen and it would work in that window. Now it doesn't work in any of my two windows. 

Labels