community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Interminent Connect In-DB error (202) Microsoft Ole DB Provider for Sql Server

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello to you all,

Maybe you can help me with this recurrent error I am facing

I have the following error when trying to connect with IN-DB to Microsoft SQL.

ERROR: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server: Délai d'attente de requete expiré

The table I am trying to read is no more than 250k lignes with 40 columns. I tried reading it with select * , but even when trying to read only one or two columns the error persists

What is strange is that if I persist and launch my workflow 10 times or so, it eventually works. I am trying to find the reason why it doesn't work every time.

I recently installed the version 2019.1 but it doesn't solve the problem. 

Did someone encountered this situation before? Do you have any advice ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Best regards

Alteryx Partner

Hello @badiu ,

It sounds like a problem with the timeout settings. You need to increment the period of time until the connection is suspended.

Set it to 30 or 60 seconds to ensure that the connection is performed.

Cheers!

Asteroid

Thank you @afv2688  for your reply. How and where can I do that?

Best regards

Asteroid

Thank you for your reply @afv2688 . But where/how can I do these changes? 

Best regards

Alteryx Partner

Hello @badiu ,

Depends on who is the one timing out the connection. Usually the server is the one interrupting the connection, therefore it has to be your IT department the one who reconfigures those settings.

If you have remote admin access to the server you could try to use this guide:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/configure-windows/configure-the-remote-query-ti...

Cheers

Asteroid

The IT team informed me that they extended the timeout from 10 to 20 minutes, but it did not solve the issue. 

The timeout error message appears in less than one minute every time the workflow is launched...

Asteroid

Thank you for you answer @afv2688  but it did not resolve my problem. What other origin can this error message have?

Alteryx Partner

Hello @badiu ,

Next would be to assure that you are using the right driver and it has been set up correctly. You can check here:

https://help.alteryx.com/11.5/index.htm#DataSources/SupportedDataSources.htm%3FTocPath%3D_____4

Then try a very simple query to make sure it works.

After, if you want to change the setting you would need to edit the odbc settings.

Cheers

Labels