Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Interface tools: text box available if drop down = "other"

MCDR929
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I'm creating a very simple app to generate a user request.  In one drop-down, I will list several of the common business units that may reach out to us.  However, I'd like to include a drop-down option for "other", which would then activate the ability to type into a text box in order to populate that field. But I only want that text box to be an option if "other" is selected in the drop-down.

I've been unable to figure out how to have a text box present itself conditionally based on drop-down selection.  Any suggestions? 

1 REPLY 1
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @MCDR929 

The functionality that you're looking for isn't quite there yet. At this point the functionality of updating a text box variable by the app user is not there. However, you can do something like the attached, where there is a checkbox for "Other" that allows the user to update a text box. Not sure what tools you're using to update but I just went the simple route of using Text Input tools and then a Union tool.

Hope this helps

DanM

Labels