Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interface tool with random sample - no output

Phill
8 - Asteroid

I have data set coming in to a random sample tool which I have set based on a %. I connected an action tool and Numeric Up Down (gave a go with a text tool also) set my parameters and ran it with the wand. Option to specify the % pops up fine but when it runs I get no output. 

I've attached an example of what I'm doing with dummy data.

Anyone have any ideas where I'm going wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Phill,

I believe this is a simple case of a misconfigured action tool. Look closely at the bottom part of action's configuration-- that's the string it's trying to replace. I attached your current configuration and the desired configuration. You're trying to replace some random bit of information with a number, when you actually want to be replacing the current sample (10) with the new sample.

You'll also probably want to change the interface designer settings to show the output from the browse tool. At least when I ran it, selecting the random sample output didn't result in anything (I'm surprised that was even an option).

Hope this helps!

Existing action configurationExisting action configurationDesired action configurationDesired action configurationUpdated Interface Designer configurationUpdated Interface Designer configuration

BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Sorry editing this - so on my first download of your app, I too was not seeing results, but then after deleting and adding a new random sample tool, the results show up for me - I did change the selection as follows though - 

BrianR_1-1612474872457.png

BrianR_0-1612474604344.png

Phill
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!

Labels