Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interface labels don't show when in chained apps

JasonTrippet
7 - Meteor

I inserted a label in Interface Designer with a bit of instruction:
Label 1.jpg

And it shows if I just run that app ("Feedback 2") in isolation:

Label 2.jpg

But it's designed to be in a chain, and when I run the first one ("Feedback"), when it reaches this listbox (in "Feedback 2"), the label doesn't show:

Label 3.jpg

Same behavior whether it's run in Designer or on the Gallery.  Is there any way around this, to make those labels show when chained?

Thanks,

Jason

3 REPLIES 3
Matt_Curtis
9 - Comet

Hey Jason,

I recently went to Inspire and took an Apps class, and we talked about chained apps.  Attached are the two workflows and supporting data from that class (download them and put them all in the same folder and they should run as-is).  I've tried to recreate your problem, but my 'Example Label' is showing up as expected.  I'll run the chain from App1 and when I get to the App2 screen, the label is showing up just fine:

chainedapplabel.JPG

It seems like the functionality works fine.  I'd look into some other things that may be causing this.  One idea that comes to mind is perhaps you have multiple drafts of App2, and your "Run App After Success.." file path in App1 is still pointing to an older version?  Have you tried simply deleting the label and adding a new one from scratch?  I've had success just deleting and starting over sometimes, not always sure if it's me or the program, haha.

If you could attach the workflows or any more detail that'd be great as well.  Seems like it should work, so I'm sure we can figure it out!

Best,

Matt

JasonTrippet
7 - Meteor

@Matt_Curtis

Sorry for the delay in responding, things got real crazy the last couple of weeks!  Something like what you describe was the culprit, there's some kind of caching or versioning going on behind the scenes, so I had to do some renaming/replacing to make everything work right.  But I did confirm that the functionality does work as expected, after jumping through some of those hoops.

Thanks!

Jason

Matt_Curtis
9 - Comet

Glad to hear!  Happy to help.

Best,

Matt

Labels