Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interface in container

winnie
6 - Meteoroid

I have a section of my workflow in a container which starts with 2 file browses.  I tried to use a check box and action tool to enable/disable this container but this won't work if I try to disable it because of the file browses.  I've been trying to use the detour tool to stop this feeding into the rest of the workflow but again this doesn't work properly if I'm wanting to stop it - the file isn't outputted at the end of the workflow but it runs without errors.

Ideally I'd like to not even have to input any files if I have the check box ticked (or whatever, basically if the user of the app decides between the two options to run or not run this section), but if this is not possible it won't really matter if I can stop it joining into the rest of the workflow if it's disabled.

Alteryx container.jpgAlteryx detour.jpg

Thanks in advance,

- Winnie

2 REPLIES 2
s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

@winnie

i think you need to arrange it in Interface designer . something like below 

Container.PNG

PFA sample which may help you

Edited : Updated the package

winnie