Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interface for Select Folder and Save As

aamerin
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow in which I want to make it as user friendly as possible. At the beginning of the workflow is a directory and at the end of the workflow is a browser output. I want to have an interface that asks the user when they begin, which folder would they like to use as the directory. At the end of the workflow, I want the workflow to ask the user where would they like to save the excel output file.

Can you please advise?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @aamerin

Have a look at the attached app for some guidance. I have configured the action tools to "replace specific string" I personally find this a bit more reliable especially when using excel files.

folderBrowse.PNG@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

Data Lover

aamerin
7 - Meteor

Thank you!

Fz
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am beginner on alteryx App. I am creating mu first app. I wish that user choose the  path of file. To do it i use folder browse.please see screen shot of the parameter of mu folder browse and let me know if is correct.

Capture.PNGfolderbrowse.PNG

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Fz,

Please note that if you intend to use the Folder Browse on Alteryx Gallery we do not allow this tool to be used on the Gallery due to security. 

Fz
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Thank you for you reply. In first time, i intend use the app in my desktop. 

Please let me know if we have any idea why my folder browse doesn't work

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Fz,

In the Action tool you will want to use the replace a specific string function at the bottom and replace only the directory piece. That will then allow only that section to be updated per the user using the Folder Browse tool. See below.

2018-08-02_08-38-19.png

Labels