Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interface Tools Error - File Must Be Specified

AW25
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have a workflow (attached) that runs two segments and each segment outputs a separate file. I want to allow the user to run either one of them or both of them by selecting the input files but I keep running into the error 'A file must be specified.' Is there any way around this? I put each part in a disabled container and added checkboxes expecting that Alteryx would ignore the part of the workflow that wasn't checked but that didn't work. I also can't put the interface tools in the disabled container because Alteryx doesn't like that either. Any suggestions on how I can restructure this?

Thank you!

sample_workflow_2019-12-02_screenshot.png

1 REPLY 1
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The actions to disable/enable the connections are reversed. Update those actions tools to the following "Update with Formula":

IF [#1]=='true' THEN 'false'
ELSE 'true' ENDIF

Note that the parameter on the Tool Container is called "Disabled". So If the Checkbox is "true", the value "true" is used for the "Disable" parameter on the connected container. The quick IF statement above reverses those values for you.  

Labels