Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interface Tool: Update Multiple Rows of Column

NicolaQ
5 - Atom

Hello all,

I'm trying to create an app that allows the user to enter a list of ID's (material numbers) which are then passed through to a Text Input tool.

The issue is that I am only able to update one row of the column.  I have the Text Box Interface tool setup as multi line but it only passes through the first value.

I would need the Text Box tool/Action tool to generate a dynamic number of rows depending on the list the end user inputs

Does anyone have some advice on either changing the setup of the update value tool or using a different tool to input the list of materials?

clipboard_image_0.png

3 REPLIES 3
rafalolbert
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @NicolaQ,

Please use Text To Columns tool (Split To Rows) and decide what should be the delimitation character, comma is a good one, but to make data movement (copy and paste) easier from Excel to Alteryx app you can also adopt line break for this - for this you'll need to change the configuration of Text To Columns tool to '\n'.

img1.JPG

Thanks,

Rafal 

#Excuse me, do you speak Alteryx?

NicolaQ
5 - Atom

Thanks @rafalolbert,  I saw this after but I was hoping to avoid having the user needing to input this using comma separators.  The necessary input would come from an excel and the user could just copy paste the needed column into the tool.

rafalolbert
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Please look at my latest edit, for Excel to Alteryx copy and paste - choose '\n' and this will work seamlessly. 

Labels