Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interface Issue in Gallery - Action tool and File Browse tool

saltyplanet
7 - Meteor

Hi Alteryx community, 

I have two identical workflows here but it is presenting different results when I saved them into the gallery,

The top workflow (Workflow1) gives me the desired interface but the bottom workflow (Workflow 2) doesn't.

Can anyone help me figure out what is the difference between these two workflows that result in the different interfaces? I spent hours on this but still have no clue...

please see attached for the alteryx app and the sample file.

saltyplanet_3-1655492484719.png

saltyplanet_4-1655492670239.png

7 REPLIES 7
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@saltyplanet You would need to use the interface designer (you may have to go to view >> interface designer). You can use the arrows on the right to move the different elements around. I moved that second file browse nested under the second radio button.

patrick_digan_0-1655493194697.png

Hello @saltyplanet 

You will need to access the Interface Designer  - Layout view. This could be accessed from View then interface Designer.

Once there, you will just need to move select invoice file and move it down using the arrows, on the right so it looks like this

christine_assaad_0-1655493329313.png

This will solve your issue and the final interface will look like this

christine_assaad_1-1655493375957.png

Cheers!

saltyplanet
7 - Meteor

You are awesome! Thank you!!

saltyplanet
7 - Meteor

Thank you Christine!

saltyplanet
7 - Meteor

hi @patrick_digan sorry I have another question, how do I make the File Browse tool collapse under the Radio Button tool? ( as in the file browse tool will only appear when you click on the radio button.

Thank you in advance!

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@saltyplanet On the configuration for your radio button, you would want to check the option about collapsing. Since the file browse is nested underneath the radio button, it would then work the way you're expecting.

patrick_digan_0-1655494786519.png

saltyplanet
7 - Meteor

Thank you! It worked!

Labels