Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interest Compounding

jtchua02
5 - Atom

new to this forum - im trying to solve a calculation which is simple to achieve in excel but I can't duplicate it in Alteryx.  

I attached the excel workings, column C and column D are the output.  

Any help will be appreciated - I tried looking at a solution, but I can't seem to find out that fits.

6 REPLIES 6
LukeM

Hi @jtchua02 

The multi-row formula will allow you to refer to rows above/below in the fields you want, so you can replicate the logic in your excel.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Multi-Row-Formula/ta-p...

Let me know how you get on.

Luke

jtchua02
5 - Atom

Hi - thanks for the suggestion. I tried this and I can get it to refer to a column I haven't created yet.  Since the Column C and D interact with each other.  If I created column C, the formula I need is link to column D which I haven't created yet, and vice versa.

hlmess
7 - Meteor

You can try something like this formula:

clipboard_image_0.png

This'll incorporate the value that's being held in column D as a component of the calc for column C. You replace the reference to last row's Interest with the formula last row's interest used.

Once you've got the Cumulative Cash Flow this way, you'll just need a second Multi-Row Formula to get the Interest column.

benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @jtchua02 ,

Calculate col  C  first and then col D .   

excel:  col c  =C2+D3+A3        (  instead of  d3  use  formula for d3 )  

multi row 1:

[Row-1:cf] +
[Cash flow] +
[Row-1:cf] * [Days] * 0.000210874398376859

excel: col d  =C2*B3*0.000210874398376859

multi row2:

[Row-1:cf] * [Days] * 0.000210874398376859

jtchua02
5 - Atom

Amazing! thanks so much!

Kjaer
8 - Asteroid

@benakesh 

Hi Your solution is also what I was looking for. But will it be possible also to make the calculation of days?

See my example

Best regards 

Kjaer

Labels