Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Interactive charting

MHS
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx Community!

I am having some issues with the interactive charting tool and was hoping someone with more experience would be able to help.  When charting my data on the Y axis the graph looks great with the exception of the record count on the X axis which is too low.  When I add the record count to the X axis, my line graph on the Y axis does not extend to the record count on the X axis.  

I am using the append tool to add my calculations thru the summarize and formula tool to the base record set and another append tool to add the count records function to the interactive charting tool.

Any help would be appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @MHS ,

can you attach your workflow & data, please?

Thank you and best regards

Phil

MHS
8 - Asteroid

Hi Philippk,

Thanks for responding.  Last time I posted a workflow I believe I was able to encrypt the data.  Is this not still an option?  I also have found a bug with the interactive reporting tool which the error is telling me to notify you about.  Since you are with Alteryx was hoping you could help me with getting this information to you.

Thanks, 

Matt

MHS
8 - Asteroid

Hi Philippk,

I actually found the encryption functionality, but it failed due to the string not being recognized as a valid date time.

Matt

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @MHS 

You can use a DateTime tool in parse palate. Then you can give it a try.

atcodedog05_0-1603814290597.png

Hope this helps 🙂

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @MHS ,

do you mean this one:

screenshot.png

you can try the tostring() function or the DateTime tool @atcodedog05  mentioned:

screenshot2.PNG

I am not a security expert, but I do not thing this hashing method is super secure.

You can think about this one as an alternative:

https://inspiringingenuity.net/2013/08/08/encrypting-data/

Regarding the potential bug which you found - please submit it to Support here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/@support

Thank you and best regards

Phil

Labels