Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive chart tool

Parul_Kapoor
8 - Asteroid

I am using interactive chart tool in my workflow to visualise the KPIs by month. I am using line chart and another layer of bar chart with 0 opacity to get the labels. Also, the layers are split by cohort. The output labels are visible when there are two cohorts but when I have more cohorts the labels gets very small and are not visible. Is there a way by which I can fix the size of labels?

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Parul_Kapoor 

I see what you're talking about but I'm not sure what can be done. Would it be possible to share a workflow with this configured on some sample data? 

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

@Parul_Kapoor - in the Interactive Chart tool, go to Layer, and then click on one of your bar layers. Try changing the Bar Mode for one of your layers to Overlay (by default, it's set to Group). 

kelly_gilbert_0-1649273243533.png

You can't see it, because the bars are transparent, but what's happening is that the bars are being added to the chart side-by-side (there are a lot of bars, so they end up getting very skinny, and thus the font gets smaller). By changing the Bar Mode to Overlay, it will overlay all of the bars on top of each other.

Example of what is happening:

kelly_gilbert_3-1649274496372.png

kelly_gilbert_2-1649274479142.png

Parul_Kapoor
8 - Asteroid

Thanks heaps @kelly_gilbert , that helps me to get visible labels. :)

Labels