Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive chart Line + Stacked bar chart style error

klaudia1204
5 - Atom

Hi,

I created a combo chart in the Interactive chart tool. I used the Transform menu to configure a stacked bar chart. Then, I added the line chart. Everything has been displayed correctly but after I added split to the line chart, the Layer's Style menu stopped working. I already found a workaround. I disabled the line chart split and enabled this again after the modification. 

Have you also had this problem? Below you can see the error screenshot from the Layer's Style menu. I found a solution, however, it would be great to have it corrected in the next versions of the tool 🙂

I attached the workflow with some dummy data where I created the chart in the same format which I am using in my report. 

klaudia1204_0-1572180342836.png

Klaudia

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHe
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @klaudia1204  - I'm seeing the same behavior you are in the sample workflow you sent.  Once I change the line chart split to a different value and then back to the "Name" field it shows up properly.  This seems like a bug; the best way to bring it to the attention Alteryx so we can log it is to shoot an e-mail over to support@alteryx.com detailing your Alteryx version number and providing this sample workflow. 

Thanks for reaching out to the community and helping us improve Alteryx! Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Chris

klaudia1204
5 - Atom

Hi @ChrisHe !

As you adviced I will report this bug to support@alteryx.com .  The workaround which you suggested works. Thank you 🙂

-Klaudia

Labels