Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Interactive Chart chart does not open: "the field ... is not contained in the record"

all-tricks
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there,

quick question for all of you.
In my current (larger) workflow to get the Corona data together and to report it, I use the 'Interactive chart' a lot.
Whilst developing a report stream I identified a format (CVI) that works to even place individual reports side by side.
Formats include orientation, colors axis layout, and a lot more.

The challenge starts when duplicating the chart (which includes the layout).
When being copied into another data stream it won't open with the error message:

The IC interface opens and will get into a waiting loop.

It is getting even worse.
One applied the new fields are applied and the fresh IC is screwed up with the very same looping behavior.

"The field "xyz" is not contained in the record."

I kindly refer to the screenshot attached to this message.

This applies to

• fields that are not in the new data stream
  • fields that are there but are within a collapsed container as one of the previous steps.

The Template option does not work either as it seems to also apply the fields when being applied in the new chart.

I appreciate your help in bringing any kind of things to my attention that I might have missed.

I can think of two ways to resolve this

• - identifying a way to work around the error message
  • - identifying a way to copy/paste the whole formats from one Chart to another

Thanks,

Reinhard

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @all-tricks 

As a workaround for this infinite loop that you're in, add a new Text Input tool with the missing field names.  No records, just the field names.  Follow this with a Select to set the proper field types.  Use an Append Fields tool just before your Interactive Chart to append the columns to your stream.  This should allow your Interactive Chart tool to open.  From there you should be able to modify its configuration

Dan  

all-tricks
6 - Meteoroid

Hello @danilang,

thanks for your quick response time.

First I have to say thanks as you seem to be able to relate to my observations.
That doesn't leave me with the impression I am the only one.

Second I have to say thanks for this inspiring idea which I already implemented.
As my workflow runs for about two hours I have also a FIELD INFO tool to write the field list as *.csv

Let's wait a bit longer and see if there are other ideas.

Reinhard

Labels