Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive Chart Tool - Error Parsing Configuration

dbyfield
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I've been given the above message when joining the new Interactive Chart tool to a filter tool.

I'd like to be able to output this in some format using either the visual layout tool or layout tool (via render) - preferably pdf - but I'm receiving an "error parsing configuration" message on the interactive chart tool when running the workflow.

I've tried linking to either:

1. Visual Layout Tool

2. Standard Layout Tool

Both of the above are giving the same error at the same point (at the Interactive Chart Tool).

I'm guessing from the message that the output tools don't like what's being outputted. At configuration there are only 3 layers (1 bar & 2x chart) and none are duplicates, so i'm a little stumped.

Does anyone have suggestions on:

1) What could be causing the issue?

2) An alternative output method - that preserves the config in the Int. Chart tool?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @dbyfield,

Many thanks for completing your answer and nice catch!

Indeed it seems that HTML edit is grabbing more line breaks than expected! Note that if you change the title directly in the chart, then the issue doesn't appear.

Paul Noirel

Sr Customer Support Engineer, Alteryx

AndyMoncla
10 - Fireball

I have found that using Report Text is much more flexible for adding titles to charts, compared to the limited offering within the Interactive Chart tool.  Please check the image I've attached and you'll see that you have flexibility with colors, fonts and font sizes.  The Report Text tool also allows for dynamic fields within the title.

Using the Report Tool for titles  outside the Interactive Chart.JPG 

Simondef
5 - Atom

I have followed the advice here on interactive charts trying to create a bar chart from an excel spreadsheet and although i have ensured that there is no <br> in any of the titles i am still getting an error parsing configuration each time i try to create the chart. Are there typically other errors that arise?

RGUERREROP
5 - Atom

In fact, that resolver the error

Thank you!

Labels