Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive Chart Tool - Error Parsing Configuration

dbyfield
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I've been given the above message when joining the new Interactive Chart tool to a filter tool.

I'd like to be able to output this in some format using either the visual layout tool or layout tool (via render) - preferably pdf - but I'm receiving an "error parsing configuration" message on the interactive chart tool when running the workflow.

I've tried linking to either:

1. Visual Layout Tool

2. Standard Layout Tool

Both of the above are giving the same error at the same point (at the Interactive Chart Tool).

I'm guessing from the message that the output tools don't like what's being outputted. At configuration there are only 3 layers (1 bar & 2x chart) and none are duplicates, so i'm a little stumped.

Does anyone have suggestions on:

1) What could be causing the issue?

2) An alternative output method - that preserves the config in the Int. Chart tool?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @dbyfield,

Thank you for posting!

Could you please share an example of workflow that produces this error ?

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

Sr Customer Support Engineer, Alteryx

dbyfield
8 - Asteroid

Hi PaulN,

thanks for the reply. Please see attached workflow.

Just to add an additional point to the post, the number of layers on the chart doesn't seem to be having any affect (i.e I've run with one layer, 2 and 3 and same end result.)

Many Thanks

D

PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @dbyfield,

Thank you for the file. Unfortunately, as it doesn't contain datasets, I can't check what is causing an issue with the configuration.

Could you please export your workflow and send it to support@alteryx.com so I could analyse it please ?

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

dbyfield
8 - Asteroid

Hi Paul,

Yep absolutely no problem with doing that, I just need a little time to anonymise the datasets the workflow links to and then I will sned.

Many thanks for your help so far.

Dbyfield

dbyfield
8 - Asteroid

Hi Paul,

Apologies for the delay, but the packaged workflow - with Dummy Data - has now been sent to the support e-mail address.

Many Thanks

David 

PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @dbyfield,

Thank you for the workflow and details.

So, I believe that I have found your issue.

In Interactive Chart tool, the title appears like that:

• Rendered title:

html_title.png

• Raw title:

raw_title.png

The issue seems to be caused by "<br>". If you replace it by "<br />" then error disappears.

Note that this only impact the configuration

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

dbyfield
8 - Asteroid
Hi Paul,

Thank you for the reply and for looking into the issue.
I will test this shortly and confirm if resolved.
David
dbyfield
8 - Asteroid

Hi Paul

thanks for posting the solution, i have checked this morning and all appears to be okay. I noticed however that if you insert a manual line break by hitting Return, after amending the HTML tags the error still appears.

Only when I added the corrected HTML tag, and removed the manual line break did the error disappear.

Really appreciate your help with this, and hope for an amendment to the tool in the next release that will rectify this issue.

Many thanks

David

dbyfield
8 - Asteroid

For anyone else reviewing this post, please see attached word doc which contains a screenshot directing you where to rectify the issue mentioned at the start of the post.

In summary:

> Open the Configure Chart option in the interactive chart tool.

> Select Chart from the left hand side

> Scroll towards the title option.

> Select Edit in HTML underneath the text entry box

> Remove any line breaks that you've inserted through using the return/enter key.

> Place the specified HTML tag where you would like the line break to be.

> Close the Editor

> Rerun the workflow

Error parsing configuration message should not appear anymore.

Labels