Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Interactive Chart - Stacked Bar: Cannot change split colors

Dennisklad1
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am able to only change the top color of my stacked bar chart.

I have tried remaking my chart but nothing works.

Dennisklad1_0-1602667177961.png

Even when I change to single color, it only seems to work for one value.

Dennisklad1_1-1602667272329.png

What is the cause of this bug and how would one go about solving it?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Dennisklad1 ,

I believe you can change the colour of each individual bar manually by clicking on individually and then change the colour for each of your categories.

Screenshot 2020-10-14 103505.jpg

I am not sure if it's a bug that forbids you to assign a colour palette when you are in the "By type" window but the same happens to me so I can only change the top colour. If you don't have that many categories, you can do it manually 🙂

Also, I would suggest against using stacked barcharts for this visualisation, as it makes it difficult to determine change over time and might be misleading. Individual barchart for each of your category might work better.

Hope that helps 

Cheers

Angelos

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Dennisklad1 

It looks like this is a bug in 2020.2. In 2019.3, I can change the colour scheme of a stacked bar and it applies to all the types

c.png

In 2020.2, this seems to be broken.   Open a ticket with support@alteryx.com.  Include your workflow and enough sample data to reproduce the problem

Dan 

FaresBader
5 - Atom

Hi everyone, 

Actually I am facing the same problem and it doesn't seem to have a solution. When I try to change the color of one of the splitted categories individually, the others' color will automatically change.

I want the categories to have the following colors: 

- correct : blue 

- error : red 

- warning : orange 

this is how the chart tool looks like before I change warning's color

FaresBader_0-1631291352304.png

this is after I have changed it ( notice how error's color has changed ) 

FaresBader_1-1631291480810.png

Labels