Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive Chart - Secondary Axis/Data Labels

michaelhanggi
5 - Atom

I am working on building a chart from 2 different data sets that would share the same X axis. Is there a way to do this? I have attached a photo of my chart, as well as an Excel example of what I would like it to look like.  What I am looking to do is have the line values on the Y axis on the right, and the bar chart values on the Y axis on the left. Also, I am wondering if it is possible to add the data labels?  

7 REPLIES 7
DanC

Hi @michaelhanggi,

Thank you for posting your question to the Community. Unfortunately, at this time this functionality does not exist. However, it is something that is on the radar of our developers as an enhancement in the future. If you wouldn't mind, please post this idea to the Ideas page so it gets the necessary visibility to our developers and so that other users with the same feature request can star your post to show the interest by our user base.

Thank you!

Dan Chapman
Program Manager, Customer Support
New to the community? Get started here.
apolly
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Michaelhanggi, thank you for raising this feature. We will evaluate the work required and try to get this work prioritized.

Thank you, Alex Polly

MissEmma
6 - Meteoroid

Good afternoon,

I would also appreciate the addition of this feature to the interactive chart tool. Overall, I like the new charting tools (I only just upgraded to the version with the charting too changes a little over a week ago). But this is a missing function that I had been using when building reports until now.

Thanks!

Emma

michaelhanggi
5 - Atom

I saw this in the last email for the update to 2019.3:

clipboard_image_0.png

I updated to the latest version, and can't figure out how to add the other y-axis. Any help is appreciated.

gkakarlapudi
Alteryx
Alteryx

For those of you following this thread, in 19.3 Designer release, users are now able to add labels to charts. You will find it on the Style>Layer page.

Also there is now an option to use the secondary y-axis, please refer to the following screenshot. 

Secondary Y-Axis.png

Please download the latest 19.3 release and let us know how you like this functionality.

mstern527
5 - Atom

This Secondary Y-Axis is a great feature, but I can't figure out how to get the base of the 2 Y-axis's to align vertically. Seems like an offset issue. I've tried playing around with all the settings, but can't them to align.

See below for visual.

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 12.44.41 PM.png

Ariz
7 - Meteor

Thanks , looks like secondary axis is not available with type "BAR" - any thoughts please ?

Labels