Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive Chart: Odd X-axis sizing for Box-and-Whisker

Animanga008
8 - Asteroid

Any insight into why I'm getting this weird spacing with the box-and-whisker? I expect the flat box to cover ONLY over the month it resides in. However, instead, the box covers half of each neighboring month. When i randomly add one or two additional values, the spacing corrects itself to the desired effect, see below:

Sizing Example.png

This weird effect is normally more pronounced when you enter a second random value to the beginning of the month. More than two values seem to fix the sizing issue.

Attached is Alteryx example.

3 REPLIES 3
apolly
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Animanga008 I see the issue you are experiencing and was able to reproduce with the attached workflow. I changed the data type to fixed decimal for the Current and Last fields and it fixed it, however that might be due to the problem being inconsistent in occurrence as you stated. I will create a defect and we can look into the issue internally to see if we can identify a consistent problem.

Please reach out if you would like to discuss this issue further.

Thank you,

Alex Polly

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Animanga008 

Since this is raised to Support team, may I suggest we use some workaround like below?

Capture233.PNG

Animanga008
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @apolly Not sure if within the same team, but someone from Alteryx also emailed me days ago and I provided them a video of me going through the workflow and reproducing the issue in front of them. There is no priority on having this issue solved for me, I ended up using a different chart format as a workaround (scattered points).

Out of curiosity, how does fixed decimal fix the problem? Does it do something to the null values? Because my example uses manually inputted numbers...I wouldn't anticipate any funny number business happening.

Thanks @Qiu for the response, I ended up using a different Charting method to get around weird bar lengths.

Labels