Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive Chart - Formatting Axis Labels

huhog55
7 - Meteor

Hello - I am new to building charts using interactive charts (I'm using the latest 2019 version of Designer). I am trying to format my y axis label to a percentage and have not been able to figure it out. The y axis data coming into chart configuration is double data type. I simply want the chart y axis to display the values as a % instead of decimal form. Thank you for the help!

2 REPLIES 2
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @huhog55 

I guess you need to create a field multiplying your Y column by 100. 

This would be the workaround, since the Axes only allow to separate thousands or define exponents.

Cheers, 

huhog55
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the response. Yes, I did that and it looks ok but would prefer the values to be formatted with a % symbol to make it easier to read. Seems like this is a fairly basic formatting option that will hopefully be included in a future update. I also tried to convert the values to text and add the % symbol at the end - obviously this works from a formatting perspective, but doesn't work graphically because the values are no longer numeric values relative to each other so the graph doesn't make any sense.

I'll leave this open for a bit and see if anyone else has an idea/knows when this functionality might be available. Thanks

Labels