Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive Chart - Formatting Axis Labels

huhog55
7 - Meteor

Hello - I am new to building charts using interactive charts (I'm using the latest 2019 version of Designer). I am trying to format my y axis label to a percentage and have not been able to figure it out. The y axis data coming into chart configuration is double data type. I simply want the chart y axis to display the values as a % instead of decimal form. Thank you for the help!

2 REPLIES 2
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @huhog55 

I guess you need to create a field multiplying your Y column by 100. 

This would be the workaround, since the Axes only allow to separate thousands or define exponents.

Cheers, 

huhog55
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the response. Yes, I did that and it looks ok but would prefer the values to be formatted with a % symbol to make it easier to read. Seems like this is a fairly basic formatting option that will hopefully be included in a future update. I also tried to convert the values to text and add the % symbol at the end - obviously this works from a formatting perspective, but doesn't work graphically because the values are no longer numeric values relative to each other so the graph doesn't make any sense.

I'll leave this open for a bit and see if anyone else has an idea/knows when this functionality might be available. Thanks

Labels