Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Interactive Chart - Change Bar Color Reverts to Original as Soon as You Change Another

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

I am experimenting with the Interactive Chart Tool.  All I want to do is change the colors of the series.  

I am trying to change the color for each bar (series) in the Layer menu.  I can change the color for a given bar (series), but it reverts to the original default color assigned as soon as I try to change the color of the next bar (series).

18 REPLIES 18
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@hellyars 

I was not able to replicate your issue, and it works just fine on my side.

Can you upload your sample workflow to show us the issue?

Capture12.PNG

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @hellyars 

Which version are you on.  I know there was an issue with the colours in the interactive graph in one of the early 2020 versions

It's working correctly in 2020.3.5.  i was able to create this hideous monstrosity

danilang_0-1612100031137.png

Dan

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@Qui.  Those are exactly the controls I am using.  I set one, it works.  Change the second, and the first reverts to its default setting.

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@danilang    The first change works.  The second change forces the first change to revert.  

I had to downgrade back to 2020.3.5 due to broken XML Parse Tool in 2020.4.

holyaioli
5 - Atom

Hey there, I am running into the same issue.

First color change work, the second change will revert everything back to the default colors.

I am on the latest Alteryx version as of Feb 2021.

ChiN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @hellyars,

Thank you for posting this. I submitted the issue with interactive chart to our product team. They will look into it and hopefully it will be fixed soon. Sorry about any inconvenience! 

JTMorris
6 - Meteoroid

Do we have a resolution for this yet?

NathanOch
8 - Asteroid

I am currently running into the same issue on 2020.4.5

jerward10
5 - Atom

I am having the same issue on 2020.2.3

Labels