Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Interactive Chart - Change Bar Color Reverts to Original as Soon as You Change Another

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

I am experimenting with the Interactive Chart Tool.  All I want to do is change the colors of the series.  

I am trying to change the color for each bar (series) in the Layer menu.  I can change the color for a given bar (series), but it reverts to the original default color assigned as soon as I try to change the color of the next bar (series).

18 REPLIES 18
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@hellyars 

I was not able to replicate your issue, and it works just fine on my side.

Can you upload your sample workflow to show us the issue?

Capture12.PNG

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @hellyars 

Which version are you on.  I know there was an issue with the colours in the interactive graph in one of the early 2020 versions

It's working correctly in 2020.3.5.  i was able to create this hideous monstrosity

danilang_0-1612100031137.png

Dan

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@Qui.  Those are exactly the controls I am using.  I set one, it works.  Change the second, and the first reverts to its default setting.

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@danilang    The first change works.  The second change forces the first change to revert.  

I had to downgrade back to 2020.3.5 due to broken XML Parse Tool in 2020.4.

holyaioli
5 - Atom

Hey there, I am running into the same issue.

First color change work, the second change will revert everything back to the default colors.

I am on the latest Alteryx version as of Feb 2021.

ChiN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @hellyars,

Thank you for posting this. I submitted the issue with interactive chart to our product team. They will look into it and hopefully it will be fixed soon. Sorry about any inconvenience! 

JTMorris
6 - Meteoroid

Do we have a resolution for this yet?

NathanOch
8 - Asteroid

I am currently running into the same issue on 2020.4.5

jerward10
5 - Atom

I am having the same issue on 2020.2.3

Labels