Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive Chart Bug - Expcetion when clicking "Configure Chart"

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

The workflow is too complicated to explain it here, but it is attached.

Long story short: I get the error message below when I try to click the "Configure Chart" button in the Interactive Chart.

Error_message.png

Alteryx Version: 2019.4.4.20206

I shortend the data_input.yxdb file to 5000 records, because it was to big to upload it. If needed I can make the full data available via OneDrive (~ 128 MB).

Additional info: I use the workflow to explore tools, that's why some data processes end randomily or seem pointless.

5 REPLIES 5
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @grossal 

Have you tried to run your workflow on other machines with a different alteryx version?

Does it give the same error?

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

The workflow runs perfectly fine, the bug appears in the designer window when I try to click 'Configure Chart' Button.

I might be able to check another alteryx version tomorrow.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @grossal ,

I understand what you mean. What I want to achieve with this is to see if it affects your version and also previous ones.

Regards

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I am not sure why, but it deletes the workflow file when I try to upload it. Should I upload it to an external source and publish a link or what is the best way to make the workflow available?

I already removed all Beta-tools from the workflow, but I am still not able to upload the workflow here.

I was able to verify the bug in Version 2019.4.6.21113.

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I have created a new post with a minimal show case and send it to the Alteryx Support team. I will close this post and send you all to the new post.

New post: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Interactive-Chart-Action-Tool-Bug-Unha...

Labels