Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interactive Chart Blurry

Dismas78
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow, sorry I can't post this one, that is creating a PDF with an interactive chart and a table on the page.  The header, footer, and table all look great, but the interactive bar chart is extremely blurry.  It's not unreadable, just looks extremely compressed next to the rest of the page elements.  Anyone ever had this happen to them?  You can see in the picture below the chart title and labels are such a huge resolution difference from the rest of the report.  Using 2019.1.6

Chart.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Dismas78
7 - Meteor

Additional Info: When looking at the chart using the Browse tool the text looks great, only during the output to the PDF.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Dismas78 

This was a tough one.  The clue that finally unlocked it for me was 

png.png

The interactive chart generates a fixed size .png that gets stretched by the render tool to fit the pdf page.  

The way to work around it is to render a large .png that doesn't need to be stretched

res.png

This isn't the only change you have to make.  Axis and title fonts need to be increased in size and so does the padding.  See the attached workflow

Chart.png

Ideally, there should be a way to tell the Render tool that you want to render as .svg or some other scalable format but I couldn't find a way

Dan

AgneKa
6 - Meteoroid

this helped so much! thank you 

any chance it's possible to make legend colours bigger please? 

they are left like the smallest dots...

AgneKa_0-1666977451924.png

Labels