Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Intelligence Suite - Designer - Classification of names and company names

Safiuddin
5 - Atom

Hi, I would like to classify the Originating Master Name into Company Name and Individual Name

I tried using Assisted Modelling but It wont let me because the column Originating Master Name is classified as ID and cannot be used for the model.

Attached is a sample classification with Originating Master Name the value that will be used to predict while Type is the predicted value of the Originating Master Name.

Can someone suggest how can I solve this problem? In need of direction not full solution as im learning Alteryx bit by bit.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Safiuddin 

Machine learning cant use an ID column (or in this case, a Master Name column with all unique values).

I would suggest manually (using Alteryx Formula tools) creating Boolean values. For instance, 'Contains Association', 'Contains Enterprise', etc. There may also be API's or Websites you could automate access to, which may tell you whether these companies are individual or not.

Another option is the new named entity recognition tool - https://help.alteryx.com/20214/designer/named-entity-recognition, this may help you identify names or specifics within the company name.

However, i would suggest that you need more information about them to be able to predict whether they are company or individual.

Hope this helps,
TheOC

Bulien
Safiuddin
5 - Atom

Thanks for the feed back OC,

I am creating a sample data of 1000 classified rows as we speak to somehow give the data a view of what I want.

I couldnt find the Named Entity Recognition tool in my alteryx, do I have to add it on? I only have the Designer and IS license installed

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Safiuddin 

The Named Entity Recognition Tool is new, and is part of 2021.4.

I believe 2021.4 is still disabled due to a couple of issues on release, but once that is released i would recommend giving it a try to see if that tool will help.

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
Labels