Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Intel Suite -- How to use PDF Input tool?

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

I am playing with the new Tex Mining tools in the Intel Suite. 

I am a bit confused on how to setup the PDF Input tool. 

The tool's documentation states:

1. Add a PDF Input tool to the canvas.
  2. Choose the location of the PDFs. You can do this in two ways:
  3. In the Enter Folder field, enter the full path to a PDF or a folder that contains PDFs you want to bring in. You can also use the Browse button to select a folder.
  4. Use the input anchor to connect a Text Input tool that contains a full path to the folder that contains the PDFs you want to bring in.
  5. Run the workflow to pass the PDF input downstream.

If I set the tool in Step 3 (above), why is Step 4 necessary?  And how do you do it?  I tried just copying the path from Step 3 into a Text Input tool, but no joy.  It produces an error.  

What am I not getting?

2 REPLIES 2
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @hellyars, give the attached sample workflow a try.

AbhilashR_0-1592012480400.png

PDF Input reads the list of pdfs in the folder

Image to Text converts it to text

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Cool.  Part of the problem was that I could not get the Learning Path video to run.  It seems it does not like Safari.  It works with Chrome.  The Learning Path video explains everything. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Intelligence-Suite-Learning-Path/ta-p/581746#done 

Labels