Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Inteactive Chart Tool xml parsing error

BuQu
7 - Meteor
Ran into an issue where this tool shows the below error. Can't figure out why. Anyone else seen this? Interactive Chart (24) Error parsing xml: Message=invalid closing tag name, Location=>en-Ayx
4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hello @BuQu

Could you share some more information? What Designer version? Language? Can you share the input/workflow? When do you get this message: when you try to open the workflow, or when you run the workflow?

BuQu
7 - Meteor
Designer Version is 2019.2.5 I suspect it has something to do with the data types coming in to the charting tool.
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It's because you have "<20" and ">65" as groups. The "<" and ">" characters are causing problems.

To the inevitable next statement: I agree that those characters should be usable in this tool. Since they are not, the best course of action for now is to communicate your concern with support@alteryx.com and to replace those characters in your workflow.

BuQu
7 - Meteor
You are my new best friend. Reporting tools in general need a revamp! Alteryx has been slow to add functionality here - it got brought up a few times at Inspire 2019.
Labels