Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Installing new Python Packages

adamorse
9 - Comet

Hi -

I'm trying to install pyautogui using Package.installPackages("pyautogui"). After installing some dependencies, the script fails with output

running install_lib
    copying build\lib\pymsgbox\native.py -> c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\pythontool_venv\Lib\site-packages\pymsgbox
    error: could not create 'c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\pythontool_venv\Lib\site-packages\pymsgbox\native.py': Permission denied

followed by 

CalledProcessError: Command '['c:\\program files\\alteryx\\bin\\miniconda3\\pythontool_venv\\scripts\\python.exe', '-m', 'pip', 'install', 'pyautogui']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

I am an administrator on my machine and have the administrator version of Alteryx 2018.4 installed. Any ideas what is going on here?

2 REPLIES 2
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

Just a hunch, but try right clicking on Alteryx Designer and choosing "Run as administrator".  I've found that the python tool sometimes requires Alteryx itself to be run in an elevated state to achieve these permissions.

adamorse
9 - Comet

Oh dang, thank you. I'm sure I've installed packages before without needing that, but maybe this one needed special permissions? Anyway, worked perfectly!

Labels