Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Installing a New Font

djodts
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I installed a new font today (Goldman Sans) and after restarting many of my MS Office programs, the new font shows up.  However, for Alteryx (even after restarting my computer) I still cannot find this font as an option.  Is there a way I can get this to show up in my list of fonts?

Thanks,

Doug

7 REPLIES 7
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I was able to get this to work doing these steps:

1. Go here to download the fonts (you already did this): https://www.cufonfonts.com/font/goldman-sans
  2. Unzip the zip file
  3. Select all the TTF fonts, right click and install 

2020-08-22 09_06_54-Downloads.png

4. Go to Designer
  5. Go to Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings
  6. Go to 3rd tab "Canvas"
  7. Go to Font in Annotation Settings

2020-08-22 09_04_52-Alteryx Designer x64 - New Workflow1.png

Hope this helps! 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
djodts
8 - Asteroid

@joshuaburkhow 

Thanks Josh, I was able to make the change in my user settings but still unable to find the font in the "Default Table Settings" in the Table tool.  See second screenshot.  This is where I would like the fonts so I can apply to my reports.

djodts_0-1598384976714.png

djodts_1-1598385088127.png

MinaGO3
8 - Asteroid

@djodts have you made sure to close and reopen Alteryx? Can you see those installed fonts in word/other applications?

djodts
8 - Asteroid

@MinaGO3 

Yes, I can use in MS Word and MS Excel.  I, restarted Alteryx, then my computer and even reinstalled Alteryx.  Seems bizarre.

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Ok got it figured out. I was originally having the same issue

joshuaburkhow_0-1598439367808.png

You need to make sure you install for all users

joshuaburkhow_1-1598439495067.png

Now I see them all here: 

joshuaburkhow_2-1598439592963.png

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
djodts
8 - Asteroid

@joshuaburkhow  Thank you.  This is exactly the issue.  Works great!

EW
11 - Bolide

Is there another way?  I don't have privileges on my computer with Alteryx to install for all users, unfortunately.  

Labels