Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Installing Power BI Output Tool

jmerritt
5 - Atom

I have downloaded the "Publish to Power BI" output tool from alteryx gallery. See screenshot below. After downloading and opening, it opens in Designer with the workflow below. I assume I should just run the workflow and that is what creates the new Connector? I can't seem to get this to work, can anyone help?

jmerritt_1-1610309788694.png

jmerritt_0-1610309762772.png

6 REPLIES 6
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jmerritt - The workflow that you downloaded generates a PCXML file with links to downloads. However, if you will go back to the Gallery and follow instructions, you will be able to download an installation file directly:

To download the tool:

(1) Select Run.

(2) Select Run, again.

(3) The page will display available versions. Select a version to download the tool.

Installation is an yxi file that you will need to run. Then you will need to re-open your Designer. After the last step you should be able to see the tool in the Connectors tool palette:

ArtApa_0-1610315448732.png

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

HI @jmerritt ,

In the Gallery, follow these steps:

1. Click on Run

pedrodrfaria_0-1610322713035.png

2. Click on Run again

pedrodrfaria_1-1610322730338.png

3. Select the version you want to download

pedrodrfaria_2-1610322755581.png

4. You will see the yxi file downloading

pedrodrfaria_3-1610322785006.png

5. Open it in Alteryx (just drag it in from the web browser to Alteryx) and install it.

pedrodrfaria_4-1610322794050.png

After this you will have it available to you inside of Alteryx.

Pedro.

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

@pedrodrfaria 

Hi, so wondering if you may assist, I have followed all of the steps as laid out in this post successfully. However, I get to a point in the install process where I receive this message:

Bigmonki_0-1611930348200.png

I click on OK but when I go to the connector bar, this is all I see:

Bigmonki_1-1611930406679.png

Is there something I am doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regros
5 - Atom

Hi @Bigmonki

We're you able to resolve this? I have the same issue. Thanks

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

@regros Hi, I had to have a support call in the end and manually load the files onto my laptop. Once it was installed, I then needed to amend the certificate in the library to allow it to communicate.

If you go tot he support section and book a call, they are really helpful.

regros
5 - Atom

Thank you!

Labels