Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Installing Designer 2020.2 x64 - Unable to load plug-in

AV_tpg
5 - Atom

I downloaded and installed Alteryx Designer (Admin Version, AlteryxInstallx64_2020.2.3.27789.exe). Each time I install, it reaches a point where it is installing Python dependencies and returns an error shown in attached screen capture. If I click ok, it returns the same error again (Unable to load plug-in library. Please rebuild your project and make sure all required plug-ins are installed. Action skipped.). Click ok, same plugin error again, click ok a last time. 

I do get message stating that Alteryx has successfully installed and I am able to launch the program. My only concern is that I'm on a 14 day trial of the product and the program may not be installing correctly.

I did see a similar error in 2018 where an uninstall and reinstall was suggested. I did follow those steps with the same result (unable to load plug-in library). Any feedback regarding this issue?

ErrorErrorSuccessful installationSuccessful installation

3 REPLIES 3
PaulNo
10 - Fireball

Hi @AV_tpg,

Could you please check if folder%ALTERYX_DIRECTORY%\bin\Miniconda3\Common_Config contains a file name jupyter-tool.log?

This should be the log generated during the installation of Python tool and associated Python dependencies.

This might give some details about what went wrong.

Based on the error message, it might  be worth trying a complete uninstall next time (aka uninstall the software, then rename the Alteryx folders as per https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer/Complete-Uninstall-of-Alteryx-Designer/ta-p/402897).

Best,

PaulN

AV_tpg
5 - Atom

Thank you, I'll try this

AV_tpg
5 - Atom

I tried this solution, and was able to do the complete uninstall EXCEPT the part where RegEdit is used to remove the keys - I had neither key as listed in the uninstall solutions. I did go ahead and try to reinstall Alteryx, although it did lag quite a bit while installing Python dependencies there was no plugin error. I was able complete the installation and launch software without issue. 

Labels