Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Installing Alteryx Designer on Virtual Machine to Share

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

We purchased Alteryx Designer licenses that we could either install on a desktop or virtual machine.  My question is whether we can install some of those licenses on virtual machines (let's say 3) that we could then allow any user to get access to when they need it (up to a maximum of the number of licenses - i.e., the 3 I mentioned earlier).  There are some users that don't get into Alteryx Designer that often and it doesn't make economical sense to get them their own license.  I haven't been able to find information on this.

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @NeilFisk 

Alteryx Designer is licensed on a per-user basis.  The license information is tied to the user's email address and is stored in the user profile data on the machine where it is first licensed.   Since each user logs into the vm with unique credentials this effectively requires you to have one license per user.

Dan    

Kaustubh17
8 - Asteroid

Hi @NeilFisk 

@danilang is right we can assign one license to one user if you try to use single license to multiple user that will not accepts and in your case vm have unique credentials so alteryx will recognize as a single user.

Thanks,

Kaustubh

Labels