Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Installation on M1 Mac

vvk
5 - Atom

Hello,

Has anyone installed Alteryx Designer on M1 Mac ?

17 REPLIES 17
jtomkoskijr
5 - Atom

What version on Alteryx are you trying to run and what errors are you getting? 

I am currently running Designer version: 2021.3.5.03604 via Parallels on a M1 Max. I set my CPUs to 6 and RAM to 12GB with Adaptive Hypervisor enabled

My Windows 11 version is:

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎3/‎24/‎2022
OS build 22000.593
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.593.0

kroberts
6 - Meteoroid

I cannot get ANYTHING to work that utilizes R. All of the predictive tools are now not working. Tried a reinstall, but to no avail. Anyone else having this issue?

biglobster
5 - Atom

Are you using an M1 chip MacBook?

jrobg
5 - Atom

Having the same issue -- I can't seem to get the download to start in Parallels, even if I run as admin.

Using a 14 inch M1 Pro

williamchan
10 - Fireball

Hey @PhilBalderson - glad to hear that you've got it up and running! Performance is proving huge I think.

Question: were you able to get any of the R-based tools working? Seems like it's not running properly.

Link to thread: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Alteryx-Designer-Predictive-Tools-on-M...

Would love any thoughts you have based on your experience!

GaryLeonel
5 - Atom

HI, I just have installed Parallels, but I can't install altered, I have the installation.exe but I make a double clic and nothing happens. Did you have the same problem?

ytajzoy
5 - Atom

Hi everyone. Like Gary, I recently installed Parallels Desktop (via free trial) on my MacBook Air (M2) and have downloaded the Alteryx Designer Desktop trial app (x64 non-admin .exe file). However, when I double click the .exe file in my Windows VM (through Parallels Desktop), nothing happens. I currently have the automatic CPU & Memory settings for the VM (4 CPUs, 6 GB RAM). Does anybody know how to troubleshoot? Thanks in advance.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@ytajzoy can you do a Shift+Control and click on the icon?  That should be the equivalent of a right click in Windows.  Once you do that, select "Run as administrator"

Labels