Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Installation in a new machine

mmezzalira
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Community,

as I have got a new laptop (windows) I had to re-install Alteryx Designer and re-activate my license.

I asked the admin to revoke the license on the old machine and I am installing the Alteryx Designed non-admin version but instead of being asked of the license number, I received the window shown below, which I think is for the admin version. I tried downloading older version and rebooted my machine. 

Please help.

mmezzalira_0-1646998932521.png

4 REPLIES 4
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @mmezzalira,

You'll want to hide the toast about the license server (the red X in the top right hand corner), there should be a cog underneath allowing you to switch to use a license key, you can activate your license from there:

JonathanSherman_0-1646999583457.png

If you've got any questions just let me know!

Kind regards,

Jonathan

mmezzalira
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Jonathan, this is what I see which is different unfortunately.

mmezzalira_0-1647003605525.png

mmezzalira
6 - Meteoroid

think I managed! thanks a lot!

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

No problem at all! For others who read this post, you'll want to go to Change License System and should be able to enter the license key

Labels