Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Check out our powerful new search update! You can read more here. Please let us know if you have any feedback by creating a topic here.

Install free Datasets?

Asteroid

Hi All,

I've been trying to download the free CASS and US Datasets available on the Alteryx data packages page and am running into issues. I don't see a DataInstall.exe file referenced in a lot of knowledge sites to run. I have no idea how to actually install the dataset and move forward within Alteryx due to that. Any ideas? Attached are images of the downloads I see after downloading files from the Alteryx page. 

Alteryx US Census Dataset.PNGUS CASS Data.PNGUS Maps Data.PNG

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @hydrogurl01 ,

Which datasets are you referring to? You may want to double check with your Alteryx Account Executive that you have access to the datasets. The CASS library is a separate data install that is only available with the Alteryx Spatial offering. It requires a special license to run. 

https://www.alteryx.com/products/alteryx-platform/alteryx-datasets

Thanks,

Mike

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi @MichaelSu ,

I currently have the Alteryx Designer and US Business Insights Licenses currently added. Which datasets am I able to use with that license/how can I go about getting that data into Alteryx?

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Yes you should have access to CASS if that is the case. Full information on what that package entails can be found here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Location-Data-Knowledge-Base/Documentation-Q1-2019-Insights-Data-Pa...

Try logging in to licenses.alteryx.com

Under Product Downloads, select Data Packages

You should have the option for US Business Insights Data

Download that .exe and unzip

Navigate to Data Products --> CASS --> Right Click on DataInstall.exe and Run As Admin

clipboard_image_0.png

If you do not see any of those options, please reach out to fulfillment@alteryx.com and they should be able to help you out.

Thanks,

Mike

Labels