Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Install Predictive tool

vstefano
7 - Meteor

Good morning,

I hope some geek can help me...

I have downloaded the Predictive tool (non admin version) but when I start the installation I get this message:

vstefano_0-1598616420972.png

Alteryx is installed in the machine so I do not understand why I get this message.

The versione of Alteryx is the same asociated to the download of the predictive tool.

vstefano_1-1598616515640.pngvstefano_2-1598616539996.png

Could it be a license problem?

Stefano

8 REPLIES 8
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

There is no additional license needed for the standard predictive tools.

Can you double check and make sure it is the exact same version of Designer and the predictive installer? The version needs to match, as well as the type (admin vs. non-admin). This should be the installer you need. 

echuong1_0-1598619095284.png

vstefano
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the answer.

As I stated in the message the version of the predictive tool is the same of actual version of Alteryx Designer.

I really do not get what the problem could be.

vstefano_0-1598619387161.png

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @vstefano ,

strange - I recommend to deinstall it and then reinstall it. During the installation process you can select to install the predictive tools directly. Then you do not need to download and install it separately:

installer.JPG

If it still does not work - drop an email to support@alteryx.com

Let me know whether this helps you.

Best regards

Phil 

vstefano
7 - Meteor

Hi Phil, 

thanks for the tip. I will do like that.

Regards,

Stefano

JayDeeB
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

where can i download the predictive tool?

BenSegars
5 - Atom

I found that in my installation, the predictive tools wouldn't install the R.exe file because the temp file directory included my personal user folder, which had a space. R does not like spaces in it's directories, so the best thing is to change your environmental variables in windows to point temporary files to a directory without any spaces. 

You can do this (in windows 10/11) by going to search, search for "environmental" and clicking on "Edit Environmental variables for your account".

BenSegars_0-1653150416472.png

Next click on "Environmental Variables"

BenSegars_2-1653150686091.png

Now look at your User Variables in the top box for where "TEMP", "TMP", and "TEMPDIR" are pointing. Mine included my personal user file with a space originally. 

BenSegars_1-1653150527198.png

Now, highlight one of the three (you'll do this this for all three), and click Edit, and drill down to the temp folder that you would like to point all temp information to. You may need to create a folder, as I did for the C:\TEMPDIR, or you can point to anything else you would like. I did the windows temp folder for the other two (not sure if that coudl cause other problems down the road, but I can always change). 

BenSegars_5-1653150853826.png

BenSegars_4-1653150799689.png

Once you do that, you will give R.exe a place to use that does not have a space and it should install just fine. 

JayDeeB
6 - Meteoroid

THX

M_Shaltot
5 - Atom

Thanks BenSegars!  In my case, I had changed the default temp folder to an external SSD, which caused Predictive Tools and anything that relied on R to stop working.  Thanks to your post, I got the idea to revert to the defaults, and Predictive Tools work again now.  Even Alteryx tech support could not help me after 1 week of back and forth emails!

Many thanks.

8-3-2022 11-29-09 PM.png

Labels