Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Install MAPI client ?

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

ave provided two screen shots of an Alteryx workflow that uses MS Access as an asset. MS Access is used to receive incoming inbox mail to a table. Alteryx then reads and parses this information.

When I first load the workflow into Alteryx, I get this below error message:

alteryxOutlookMessage1of2.png

When I run the workflow, I get the below error message:

alteryxOutlookMessage2of2.png

My machine is a 64 bit, Windows 10 Enterprise. Outlook is installed and Outlook is the Client.

This workflow works on another associate's machine, and he and I both cannot find the reason why it will not run on mine. Our machines and software seem identical.

What is it that we could be missing?

Thanks,

Chris

11 REPLIES 11
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Does the MS Access application work on your machine?  Can it connect to exchange and retrieve emails as a stand alone app? 

Dan 

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Yes, Outlook runs and retrieves email. What are your thoughts?

Thank you,

Chris

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

What about the MS Access database?  Open it and see if it can connect and retrieve emails.  If it can't, then you'll need to troubleshoot it before Alteryx can use it

Dan

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Okay, I'll pursue from the Access end of it, and follow up with my findings. 

Thank you,

Chris

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

It turns out that the mailbox resides on a different server, which I have to gain access to. So it was from the MS Access side not being able to ping the mailbox.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Excellent

Glad you you were able to track it down

Dan

Al_Swetha
5 - Atom

Hi Danilang,

I am able to see the email details in MS Access. still getting same error as above.  Any possible reason?

clipboard_image_0.png

David_ww
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am actually facing the same issue as above, able to access the mailbox in MS Access 2016, but when running the Alteryx workflow, the same error "There are no MAPI client installed..." occured. Does anyone have a solution on this? Much appreciated.

Sagarika_k
6 - Meteoroid

Hi David, were you able to resolve it? I am facing exactly same issue, please help

Labels