community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Insights to the Alteryx community - get an overview of the community

Alteryx Certified Partner

I love Alteryx, and I love the community. I think it is great to see how willing people are to help, and how people often get an answer within an hour. However once in a while I stumble across questions that are not solved and even worse not even answered.

This got me thinking, why not use Tableau (Another tool I really like) to create an overview – because I don’t have access to the data. I thought again and of course I have access to data, so I used Alteryx to make a webscraper that could get the nescesarry data from the Alteryx Community.

This resulted in the following dashboard (which will be updated weekly) and blogpost

Insights to the Alteryx community

Meteoroid

Fantastic job Daniel.

Here is the dataset if anyone wants to play around:

Bolide

Very cool.  Thanks for sharing.  I couldn't get the sort to work on the date or other columns.  It is sticking to the order of the Title.  Would it also be possible for you to share the workflow you used for the webscaping?  :smileyhappy: 

VP Global Community
VP Global Community

Very cool, Daniel - I love seeing the passion and ingenuity around the community! :)

One thing that you've highlighted is that we could have better tools to surface different types of content natively within the community platform. To that end, we have some toys in the lab around this that you'll see soon. Don't tell anyone I told you that, though. It's a secret. ;)

Hi Alex,

I will make a post soon about webscraping and I will share a module as well.

Let's keep in touch!

Daniel

Bolide

Will do. Ping me on linked in. www.linkedin.com/in/alexcorderorva

Alex Cordero
Co-Founder
Lasso Data Partners
www.lassodatapartners.com
www.linkedin.com/in/alexcorderorva

Looking very much forward to that!

The dashboard is now updated with new data!

Meteor

This is very nice and usefull !

One great use case also is for Alteryx beginners to read the top 20 most viewed items as it certianly contains important tip and trick to accelerate the learning. 

a Dashboard for the "ALTERYX PRODUCT IDEAS" with top rated, newest, ... would be also great.

Labels