Now that it's live, don't forget to accept your certification badge on Credly today! Learn more here.

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Insight Tool help

gkimminau
6 - Meteoroid

Tyring to get the Insight tool to give me a chart that i can filter by Full Name field.  It keeps kicking me out of the filter every time I go to it.  Trying to figure out if I have a bad Alteryx installation and need to re-install 

7 REPLIES 7
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I don't have a fix for you, but I came across the same issue with my 2020.1 installation. A colleague with 2019.4 had also issues with the filter. 

Hopefully someone else can tell us what's going wrong.

gkimminau
6 - Meteoroid

I am running 2020.1, so I hope that it is not a version issue.  Did you ever get it working?

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

We weren't able to figure out a solution, that's why I really hope that someone here will help you.

(we did not make a post because we also had some server issues related to it and wanted to make sure the server is fine and that isn't related to our server problem)

gkimminau
6 - Meteoroid

FWIW, the 'Add Filter' function in the Insight tool is not working in version 2020.1.5.  I downgraded to version 2019.3.6 and it does work in that version.

ZTerry
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi All,

I hope all is well! This has been reported as a bug within our Insights Tool. The defect number is DE23808 . 

This defect will be fixed in a future release of Alteryx Designer. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank You,

ZT

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Thanks for coming back at us @ZTerry. Can you post an update here when it's fixed or set my mail on the notification list?

I'd love to try it out when it's fixed.

ZTerry
Alteryx
Alteryx

@grossal 

Yes! I will post to this discussion board once the defect has been resolved.

Thank You,

ZT

Labels