Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Inserting calculated table into excel template file from gallery

I2ufu5
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,
I wanted to create an analytic app which would allow user to output result into the provided (from user's local pc) excel template file and into specific range. I've made it to work on local machine but this app needs to be used by non-alteryx users so it have to be on gallery and when i reference a file path to that file, server obviously looks for it in it's local environment. And I can't figure out how to approach that.
The last resort is a network drive which gallery can access but I want to avoid that.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The Gallery/Server would not be able to access a local copy of the template, unless the template is also uploaded with runtime via file browse.

Another option is to create a copy of the template with the blob tools. See example here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Write-multiple-excel-files-using-a-tem... 

You'd need to use a shared drive if you want the template to pull from a live location.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @I2ufu5,

Where are you writing the results? Server is normally not able to write to users pc. Are you planning to show the results directly on the gallery? If it's like that maybe I would recommend you also to have a list of templates on the server (that depens also on the access you have)

Regards

I2ufu5
6 - Meteoroid

Well, locally it's pretty simple. I just point the template file i want to use as an output but that wont work in gallery. So I'm trying to figure out a way so that template file could be uploaded to app on gallery and then downloaded to local PC with results in it.
Right know i will probably use network drive as a place to store template file and insert results into it.

Labels