Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Inserting Data by Sectioned Row

jalizmaldonado
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I'm looking to insert data by sectioned rows. I researched a few solved discussion solutions and found this one to be the closest (below), however, the data isn't migrating over from the file "VAT DATA INPUT" TO THE "VAT TEMPLATE" because I don't have data to match between the two ( I tried using the join and union tool). I'm assuming I have to use the "Transpose" but not entirely sure. Are there any suggestions? I attached the workflow, input data, and format template (VAT TEST). 

Example VAT Output.JPG

Solution attempted. Solved: Inserting New Rows - Alteryx Community

1 REPLY 1
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jalizmaldonado ,

You're going to need to provide more information. I'm not seeing any rules here.

If you're trying to put column 5 in the first input into the same column as column 3 in the second input, for example, then you can do this in one of two ways:

1. Name the columns the same and union according to column name.

2. Move the columns into the same positions (column ordering) and union using "Auto config by position".

M.

Bulien

Labels