Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Insert a new row in a dataset on Gallery to update a data source for a report.

DaisyJones
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, I'm building a report and was thinking about how I would add new entries to the data. This is for when we have new employees and I was thinking this could be possible in Alteryx Gallery or maybe I could make an App instead. However, I've had very limited use of Gallery and unsure how I could add another row to an existing dataset, even with an App. 

Can anyone share some resources of experiences with me and what they did to achieve this?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

How many fields are needed? You could make an app where the user can populate the fields on the gallery UI. In the workflow the fields would be mapped to a text input tool that you then append to whatever database/file houses all of the data. 

Check out the app learning lessons as a starting point: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Creating%2...

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @DaisyJones 

Get started with the attached packaged app.

When published to the server gallery, users can input data that will be appended to the database.

If an exact match (across all 4 fields) is entered, it will error and present a message to the user.

HomesickSurfer_0-1673533930222.png

Labels