Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Inquiry on Spatial Tool

poojasankhe
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have a question on spatial workflow. 

I have 2 datasets, one with latitude and longitude information and another dataset with Connecticut zipcodes and FIPS code. I need to match 2 datasets based on these parameters. I have tried using 'Spatial Match','Trade Area' as well as 'US Geocoder' but it is not helping.

Please guide us through this process.

I am attaching the datasets as well as flows I am using. 

Please let me know if anything is needed from my end. 

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

You will need to convert the zip and fips to spatial data. You can get these objects at https://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/geo/shapefiles/index.php

then you can use spatial match to join the data. Put the new fips and zips data to the targets and the lat long data to the universe. 

I'm on my mobile, otherwise I could demo the process. 

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
achadaga
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Marquee, 

Thank you for the reply.we tried that. We are able to plot zip codes into a map using US ZIP9 coder but we are unable to connect and match it with the latitude and longitude data we have. We have tried using all the tools in the spatial set but are unable to match them together.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Help is on the way....  I'm going to buid it now for you.  I'll need you to do the following:

OPTIONS -> Export Worflow

Make sure that all of your data files are checked... save the file as a yxzp package.

Add that to this post.

I've sent you a WebEx invite.  If you can do this now, I'll show you how I solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
achadaga
6 - Meteoroid

Hey Mark,

You are awesome !!. Your quality inputs on merging the zip codes with lat and long helped me in solving the issue. Thank you once again for the help :)

poojasankhe
5 - Atom

Thank you Mark for a quick help!

Labels