Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Inputting multiple excel files using dynamic input

sky007
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I'm trying to input a ton of excel files from a folder into my workflow and I tried using dynamic input but I'm having issues understanding the issue. I've changed the filepath to include "*v1" and I've told the dynamic input to read from the fullpath field from the list and it is saying file not found. Can somebody help me?

sky007_0-1589994272593.png

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sky007 from your screenshot you will need to change the action to Change Entire File path rather than Append Suffix to File/Table Name in the Dynamic Input Configuration. 

sky007
7 - Meteor

Just tried that and it still says file not found.

sky007_0-1589994843882.png

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sky007 I think its errored due it needing a sheet name. You should have a look at this community post. Also this post might be helpful too.

sky007
7 - Meteor

NVM I figured it out! This link told me everything! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y1gFXDkYwA

Laura shows you how to import all the files in a folder into Alteryx using just one tool. Note: This doesn't work for file types that require multiple configuration windows in Alteryx, such as Excel files.
Labels